So far we have raised a total of £166,371! We have exceeded our target of £100,000, which is amazing in itself, but we have also exceeded the previous record set in 2008 when we raised £139,000! We will be updating this total fortnightly. Thank you all for your support.
The Bike Ride is over for another year, and what a lovely day we had for it on Saturday!
Early signs are that visitor numbers were up at many churches, and hopefully everyone had a great day out and raised lots of money.
Please send us your photos, your sponsorship money and your list of churches visited. Details of how to do this are here
Please send in photos of churches you visited, architectural features, people riding bikes, anything you think is interesting or amusing, and you could win £50! It is also very useful if you give us permission to use your photos for our website and social media: we love seeing them and you might see your photo in the EDP! It helps if you make the photos high resolution, and get them to us by 10th October 2020 in one of these three ways :
- Facebook – Simply post your image on the Norfolk Churches Trust Facebook page. Simply create a new post (‘Write something on this Page’) and don’t forget to include your photos.
- Twitter – Just post your pictures but remember to give us a mention, and use @SaveOurChurches in your tweet
- Email – Not familiar with social media? You can simply attach your images and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bike Ride in 2019 raised a wonderful total of £95,037.
Let's see if we can do even better this year!
The Bike Ride has raised around £2,800,000 over the past 32 years. The money has been divided between the church of the participant’s choice and The Norfolk Churches Trust, which gives grants to hundreds of churches for repairs, renovation and the conservation of their buildings. More than 600 churches will be open throughout the day for everyone to explore.
Some interesting facts from the 2017 Bike ride are:
- The most churches visited by a participant is 64 by bike and 35 on foot.
- 207 new participants have been recorded as taking part for the first time.
- St Andrew's Church in Norwich saw the highest number of visitors - 75 in total
- 312 churches and chapels have been nominated to receive a share of the sponsorship money.
- There were 2683 total visits recorded - 22% more than in 2016