Please make a note of the date of the Bike Ride this year - it is Saturday 12th September 2020
Due to these unprecedented times there may be Covid-19 restrictions to the bike ride. However this is a wonderful opportunity to visit our beautiful and historic churches which have been closed for so long.
We will update this page with any new information we get, and we suggest:
- Take your own pen and don’t worry if there is no register
- You may find some of the churches are not open but there may be paperwork left outside.
- Fewer churches may have people to welcome you
- Sign your own sponsor forms if no one is available
- We suggest you take a photo to show where you have visited and please send us any good
pictures. You might win a prize!
- For further advice on visiting churches during Covid-19 restrictions please visit the following websites - The Diocese of Norwich, The Catholic Diocese of East Anglia The Methodist Circuit in East Anglia The Eastern Baptist Association The United Reformed Church The Quakers
Have a great day!
We thank you for your understanding.
The Bike Ride in 2019 raised a wonderful total of £95,037. Let's see if we can do even better this year!
The Bike Ride has raised around £2,800,000 over the past 32 years. The money has been divided between the church of the participant’s choice and The Norfolk Churches Trust, which gives grants to hundreds of churches for repairs, renovation and the conservation of their buildings. More than 600 churches will be open throughout the day for everyone to explore.
Some interesting facts from the 2017 Bike ride are:
- The most churches visited by a participant is 64 by bike and 35 on foot.
- 207 new participants have been recorded as taking part for the first time.
- St Andrew's Church in Norwich saw the highest number of visitors - 75 in total
- 312 churches and chapels have been nominated to receive a share of the sponsorship money.
- There were 2683 total visits recorded - 22% more than in 2016