The 2019 Bike Ride is on Saturday 14th September.
Information on how to take part can be found here
Information Packs will be sent to churches in early July.
You can read our latest newsletter here
The 2018 Bike Ride took place on Saturday 8th September - the final total received was £91,047.
Thank you to everyone who collected and sent in their sponsorship money.
- This year we already know that 6 tandems took part in the Bike Ride. Others have toured churches by Vintage Austin 7, a wheelchair, a recumbent bike and the bus!
- One participant covered just over 70 miles on a bike, and stopped at 54 churches. The most churches visited by one person is currently 55
- Three participants have raised more than £1,000 each.
This is Mary Heather. At the age of 90 she visited 10 Churches, and is pictured outside Burnham Westgate Church Porch.
The Bike Ride has raised around £2,800,000 over the past 32 years. The money has been divided between the church of the participant’s choice and The Norfolk Churches Trust, which gives grants to hundreds of churches for repairs, renovation and the conservation of their buildings. More than 600 churches will be open throughout the day for everyone to explore.
Some interesting facts from the 2017 Bike ride are:
- The most churches visited by a participant is 64 by bike and 35 on foot.
- 207 new participants have been recorded as taking part for the first time.
- St Andrew's Church in Norwich saw the highest number of visitors - 75 in total
- 312 churches and chapels have been nominated to receive a share of the sponsorship money.
- There were 2683 total visits recorded - 22% more than in 2016
The NCT Bike ride is proudly sponsored by