We fund a very wide range of work that is urgently required to keep the fabric of a place of worship in good condition. This includes surveys and reports on areas causing concern.
The list below covers the most common problems but is not exhaustive so please get in touch if you have repairs that are not listed.
- structural repairs to fabric of building
- repair and restructuring of rain water goods and drainage,
- window repairs – glazing and tracery
- renewal of interior plaster
- repairs to floors and pew platforms
- repairs to fixtures and fittings including pews, monuments, organs and ledgerstones
- conservation of wall paintings and stonework,
- repairs and refurbishment of bell frames,
- renewal of switchgear for electrics (but not rewiring or lighting work)
- interior decoration when it is part of internal wall repairs and replastering
We are unable to fund re-ordering projects, installation of new facilities or extensions to the buildings.
We welcome requests for advice, or to meet PCCs at their church prior to an application being made to discuss what is proposed and advise on additional sources of funding.