The Bike Ride is an annual event in September - this year it will be Saturday 11th, so make a note of the date and join a fun day out! Bike, walk, ride or drive around the beautiful Norfolk countryside, stopping off at as many churches and chapels as you can along the way. Be sponsored for your visits or simply make a donation to the Norfolk Churches Trust or to a nominated church or chapel and know that your money is helping to preserve these ancient and important buildings for future generations to enjoy.
Be part of an event that last year raised over £173,000, made up of donations (some large but many small) that collectively make a huge difference to help preserve Norfolk's churches.
We will be sending out packs of information to churches in early July, and we will be posting information on the Fundraising and News page and via Social Media. Please distribute all the information you can!
Here are some posters and flyers for you to print and distribute. Please try and spread them as widely as possible, and ask your local village or church magazine to publicise the event:
Flyer for you to email to friends and family (A5 size)
Sponsorship and Donations
- Donate to the Norfolk Churches Trust
- Fundraise for us using our Justgiving page.
- Download a Sponsorship Form
- Download the paying in slip to include with your sponsorship money
- Download the list of churches which will be open here. N.B. This list is compiled from information given us by churches. Some churches may be closed at short notice. Please let us know if information in this document is incorrect - we will change it immediately.
- You may find these websites useful when planning your route - The Norfolk Churches Site and Exploring Norfolk Churches
- Churches can use this form to record participants on the day
- Important information to keep you safe for 2020 can be found here
- If you are a local coordinator for your church or village, you can find some useful information here
- Read and follow the Highway Code's rules for cyclists
- Ensure your bicycle is roadworthy by checking everything, particularly the brakes
- Ride with care and consideration at all times, remembering that at junctions it may be safer to dismount and walk your bike across the road.
- Ride in single file and not in large groups
- Wear high visibility clothing and a cycle helmet
- All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- If you are driving, please park safely and give way to cyclists and pedestrians near churches.
- Risk Assessment
and please send in your photos from the day! We really enjoy seeing your pictures! And the more unusual the better - what about different modes of transport to get you round the churches? vintage cars, tandems, pony and cart, boat, canoe ... you may even win a prize, like: