The Prince of Wales’ Certificate for Fund-raising
The Prince of Wales, who is the patron of the Norfolk Churches Trust, has kindly agreed to sign a certificate that will be given to the individual who raises the most money in this year’s Bike Ride. This certificate is awarded to a different person each year.
In 2018 the certificate was awarded to Paul Nicholls, who is pictured receiving his award from Lady Agnew, High Sherrif.
The Wall Of Fame
The top ten people who visit the most churches on the day will be recorded on the Wall of Fame (this is not open to motorists or those on horses). Have a look at the Wall of Fame and see how many churches were visited last year.
Photographs of your day!
To give you an idea of what you might photograph, what about:
- we would love to see some pictures of unusual transport being used for the bike ride – vintage cars, tandems, pony and cart, boat, canoe. Who can come up with the most unusual?
- an interesting architectural feature or item found in or around a church
- people taking part on the day
- your favourite or most unusual church
How to send in your photos
We’ve tried to make it as easy as possible this year. Please take lots of photos of churches you visit, architectural features, people riding bikes, anything you see that is interesting or amusing, and you could win £50! It is also very useful if you give us permission to use your photos for our website and social media: we love seeing them and you might see your photo in the EDP! You can use cameras or phones, but it helps if you make the photos high resolution, and get them to us by 10th October 2020 in one of these three ways :
- Facebook – Simply post your image on the Norfolk Churches Trust Facebook page. Simply create a new post (‘Write something on this Page’) and don’t forget to include your photos.
- Twitter – Just post your pictures but remember to give us a mention, and use @SaveOurChurches in your tweet
- Email – Not familiar with social media? You can simply attach your images and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org