The 2017 Bike Ride will take place on Saturday 9th September. Save the date and come and join a fun day out! Bike, walk, ride or drive around the beautiful Norfolk landscape, stopping off at as many churches and chapels as you can along the way. Be sponsored for your visits or simply make a donation to the Norfolk Churches Trust or to a nominated church or chapel and know that your money is helping to preserve these ancient and important buildings for future generations to enjoy.
Be part of an event that last year raised more than £100,000, made up of donations (some large but many small) that collectively make a huge difference to help preserve Norfolk's churches.
Sponsorship and Donations
Tools to Help Plan Your Route
- List of Open Churches and Chapels
- Diocese of Norwich (Church of England) guide - Exploring our Churches
- Visit one of the Trust's Leased Churches
- Map my Ride
- Why not try one of the Hungate Rood Screen and Stained Glass Trails
- Read and follow the Highway Code's rules for cyclists
- Ensure your bicycle is roadworthy by checking everything, particularly the brakes
- Ride with care and consideration at all times, remembering that at junctions it may be safer to dismount and walk your bike across the road.
- Ride in single file and not in large groups
- Wear high visibility clothing and a cycle helmet
- All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- Risk Assessment