The Bike Ride has raised around £2,800,000 over the past 32 years. The money has been divided between the church of the participant’s choice and The Norfolk Churches Trust, which gives grants to hundreds of churches for repairs, renovation and the conservation of their buildings. More than 600 churches will be open throughout the day for everyone to explore.
Some interesting facts from the 2020 Bike ride are:
- SS Peter & Paul Church in Salle recorded the highest number of visitors – 56
- 400 new participants have been recorded as taking part for the first time, making a total of 823.
- St Mary’s Church in Attleborough saw the highest number of visitors on bikes – 47 in total
- St Julian’s in Norwich saw the highest number of visitors on foot – 24 in total
- 328 churches and chapels have been nominated to receive a share of the sponsorship money.
- There were 3439 total visits recorded – 7% more than in 2019