The Bike Ride in 2019 raised a wonderful total of £95,037.
Let’s see if we can do even better this year!
The Bike Ride has raised around £2,800,000 over the past 32 years. The money has been divided between the church of the participant’s choice and The Norfolk Churches Trust, which gives grants to hundreds of churches for repairs, renovation and the conservation of their buildings. More than 600 churches will be open throughout the day for everyone to explore.
Some interesting facts from the 2017 Bike ride are:
- The most churches visited by a participant is 64 by bike and 35 on foot.
- 207 new participants have been recorded as taking part for the first time.
- St Andrew’s Church in Norwich saw the highest number of visitors – 75 in total
- 312 churches and chapels have been nominated to receive a share of the sponsorship money.
- There were 2683 total visits recorded – 22% more than in 2016