The Trust provides financial support to churches of all denominations in Norfolk and the Diocese of Norwich through its grants towards a wide range of repairs, refurbishment and conservation projects.
We consider applications for grants for any church, chapel or meeting house used as a place of worship.
Applications for grants for the following are welcomed:
- structural repairs to fabric of building
- repair and restructuring of rain water goods and drainage,
- window repairs – glazing and tracery,
- repairs to fixtures and fittings including pews, monuments, organs and ledgerstones
- conservation of wall paintings and stonework,
- renewal of interior plaster
- repairs to floors and pew platforms
- repairs and refurbishment of bell frames,
- roof alarm systems
- renewal of switchgear for electrics.
Grants for the repair and replacement of lead roofs require a roof alarm to be installed – the Trust will contribute to the cost of installation of alarms.
We do not fund reordering projects, extensions or the installation of new facilities. The Trust can offer grants to help with the replacement of switchgear, but not rewiring or lighting works. The Trust supports repairs to bell frames and fittings but not to the bells themselves. Interior decoration will only be funded as part of wall repairs.